Oil/Water Separator Duty Pumps
Sliding Shoe Pump
Low Shear for oily water service
Positive Displacement Pump
The Megator self priming positive displacement sliding-shoe pump provides exceptional suction performance, versatility, and the ability to pump at constant capacity against heads to 246 ft (75m). It can run without harm during dry suction, is self compensating for wear, has a simple design with few working parts and single cover access. It might be said to resemble a reciprocating piston pump, and it has indeed all the well known merits of that type – powerful suction and self priming, constant capacity at varying heads, the ability to cope with rough conditions and to handle a great variety of liquids, viscous or free flowing, clean or dirty. Yet in its simplicity, compactness and even flow it more closely resembles the centrifugal pump. It therefore combines the advantageous features of both these two main pump types without their respective limitations.
The Sliding Shoe Pump is ideal for oil/water separator service where electric, gasoline or diesel motors are required. The positive displacement design does not emulsify the oil into the water so that the oil/water separator can perform to its maximum capacity.
- Self priming.
- Operates with dry suction.
- Simple to install.
- High suction lift.
- Constant capacity at varying heads.
- Single cover access.
- Simple to operate.
- Self compensating for wear.
- The same pump for water and oils.
- Remove the last drop from containers.
- Minimal shear/emulsification.
- Capacities up to 264 US gpm (60 m3/hr).
- Suction lifts up to 27 ft (8.2 m).
- Viscosities up to 5000 cSt.
- Heads up to 246 ft (75 m).
- Available in bronze, cast iron & aluminum casings.
- Air, diesel, electric, hydraulic or gasoline driven.
- Variable speed inverter control.
- Direct coupled or belt drive options.
- Available assemblies include stationary, skid-mounted & mobile options.
Alpha Stainless Steel Weir Skimmer
Megator’s floating stainless steel skimmers skim the surface of water, where the highest concentration of oil and other effluent is located. The intake weir is adjustable, enabling the skimmer to deal with thin or thick oil and effluent layers.
The Alpha Skimmer is primarily used as a floating suction device for the Sliding Shoe Pump.