Oil Purifier for Combined Cycle Power Plants
Combined cycle power plants encounter unique oil contamination problems. Lubricating and hydraulic oils each have their individual challenges. Among them are water and particulate contamination in the steam turbine lube oil reservoir and varnish, moisture by condensation, and particulate in gas turbine and control oil reservoirs.
Turbine oils are susceptible to stresses that result in degradation. The most common sources of degradation are oxidation, thermal degradation and foreign contaminants, such as particulate and water. If not properly maintained, these factors can result in equipment downtime, expensive maintenance and costly oil changes.
The High Purity NW Thermo-Vac with ESP is designed to address all major contamination issues commonly found in combined cycle power plants. This compact, powerful oil purification machine will remove free, emulsified and dissolved water, dissolved gases, varnish and particulate from lubricating oils, hydraulic fluids, and seal oils.
These systems are configured on a portable base for in-plant use or packaged in an enclosed trailer for mobile applications. Typical flow rates are 5 and 10 GPM. Larger flow rates are available with many options for customization to your specific requirements.
Our easy to use purifier will keep your oil in pristine condition. We use high quality components for years of trouble free service.
- Typical Process Rates: 5 & 10 GPM Process Flow Rate
- 460V 3 Phase, 60 Hz Power
- TEFC Inverter Duty Motors
- Inlet & Discharge Pump Variable Frequency Drives
- 20 CFM Rotary Vane Vacuum Pump
- Removes Free, Emulsified & Dissolved Moisture to Below 10 PPM
- UL Approved NEMA 4 Electrical Panel & Controls
- PLC Controller
- Dirty Filter, Low Oil Level, High Oil Level, Low Flow, and High Heat Alarm Lights
- Phase Fail Circuit Switch
- One Push Button Start / Shutdown
- Digital Temperature Controller
- Stainless Steel (304) Horizontal Vacuum Chamber
- Fiber Optic Foam Control System
- Stainless Steel Fittings
- 32kW Heater, 11 Watts Per Square Inch
- High Capacity Outlet Filter Vessel
- ß7[c]=1000 (6 micron) Absolute Rated Micro-Glass Inlet Particulate Filter
- ß3[c]=1000 (3 micron) Absolute Rated Micro-Glass Outlet Particulate Filter
- ESP Varnish Removal System
- Hour Meter
- ICount Laser Particle Counter with Moisture Monitor
- Fork Lift Guides
- Cargo Trailer
- Hose Reels
- Moisture Monitor
- Onboard Oil Storage / Process Tank
Clean your oil of varnish, and it goes to work cleaning out your systems.
Turbine oil is subject to high thermal and mechanical stress. As oil in your machinery breaks down, it produces soft contaminants—both in solution and in suspension. It’s these contaminants that ultimately cause varnish.
Soft contaminants precipitate out of the oil and are responsible for varnish deposits. Depending on the type of turbine oil and its formulation, and the unique thermal and mechanical stresses of your given turbine design, the chemistry of the varnish deposits are different. We match our filtration media to your specific chemistry.
Antioxidants are a main ingredient in turbine oil. Antioxidants are sacrificial to prolong the oil’s life and consist of phenols or amines. By removing contaminants that deplete antioxidants, turbine oil life is extended.
The ESP system captures varnish producing contaminants by virtue of a special chemical filter that works on the principles of chemisorption and adsorption. Depending on the contaminants you’re trying to control, this filtering media can be customized to remove the exact contaminants you need to control.
ESP removes degradation species in the oil before they have a chance to form deposits and damage your systems. Once the oil has been cleaned, over time the circulating oil removes existing deposits throughout the system.
The icountPD from Parker represents the most up-to-date technology in solid particle detection.
Features and benefits:
- Independent monitoring of system contamination trends.
- Early warning LED or digital display indicators for Low, Medium and High contamination levels.
- Moisture % RH LED indicator
- Cost effective solution in prolonging fluid life and reducing machine downtime
- Visual indicators with power and alarm output warnings.
- Continuous performance for dependable analysis.
- Hydraulic, phosphate ester & fuel fluid compatible construction.
- Self diagnostic software.
- Fully integrated PC/PLC integration technology such as: RS232 and 0-5 Volt, 4-20mA, and CANBUS J1939.
Leave A Comment